Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) as a Cloud Service Developer Recertification Exam AD5-E112 topics and sample test. Note: This exam is based on the information and my experience for the AD5-E112 exam I took in December 2020. The exam has since been reformatted and the information and sample test below does not reflect the new format and updated material.
Cloud Manager (26%)
- Production and non-production pipeline configuration and code quality checks
- Troubleshoot and maintain environments by using Adobe IO console for Cloud Manager and use the Cloud Manager APIs
AEM as a Cloud Service Migration (26%)
- On-Premise Dispatcher configuration conversion to AEM as a Cloud Service
- AEM Managed Services Dispatcher configuration conversion to AEM as a Cloud Service
- Consolidation of multiple projects into a single GitHub repo project
- Existing project conversion for use in an AEM as a Cloud Service project.
Development Environment (18%)
- Quickstart JAR installation and updates
- Cloud Manager GitHub configuration, integration with Adobe IO and using the Developer console
Maintaining AEM as a Cloud Service (10%)
- Maintenance tasks configuration through source code management
- Custom OSGi configuration creation and management through code and the Felix console
- Dispatcher for AEM as a Cloud Service
- Dispatcher Validator setup and configuration
Asset Micro Services (10%)
- Custom processing profile creation
1. A developer wants to deploy an OSGi configuration and as part of the configuration is a secret API key. What should the developer do?
- Add the secret API key as part of a OSGI configuration in the git repository and deploy the codebase via Cloud Manager
- Edit the web console of the of the OSGi web console and add the configurations via the Felix interface
- Use Adobe IO Runtime with Cloud Manager API to set secret variables and define them as part of the OSGi configuration.
- Use the Developer console on Cloud Manager API to define and set the secret variables on the environment
2. Which of the following is a part of the Digital Foundation Blueprint?
- Smart Tags configuration
- Core Components
- Stock Assets
- Translation Configuration
3. When developing for Adobe Experience Manger as a Cloud Service, what is one of the key changes you need to keep in mind? Select two answers.
- AEM as a Cloud Service evolves with regular product releases, and therefore, development must be done against the latest version of the application
- AEM as a Cloud Service has the same deployment architecture as Managed Services implying minimal change in the code development practices
- All the deployments in AEM as a Cloud Service go through Cloud Manager and therefore, the code needs to meet standards of quality gates in Cloud Manager.
- All the existing frameworks and customizations can be transitioned to AEM as a Cloud Service without any changes.
4. Which of the following is immutable at runtime? Select two correct answers
5. Which command invokes the dispatcher validator to generate project-ready dispatcher configurations? Select the correct answer.
bin\validator full out src
bin\validator -d out
bin\validator full -d out src
bin\validator full -d
6. What is contained in the all.zip file? Select the correct answer.
7. Which of the following is part of the AEM as a Cloud Services SDK? Select the three correct answers
- JDK 11
- Migration Tool
- QuickStart Jar
- Dispatcher Tools
8. Which of the following is not part of the repository-structure package of an AEM maven project?
9. Which is the only required file in a repository structure package of an AEM maven project? Select the correct answer
10. oak:index is part of which package of an AEM project structure? Select the correct answer
11. A developer wants to configure Workflow Purge configuration for the AEM as a Cloud Service environment. Where should they store the configuration? Select the correct answer.
- With OSGi console of AEM as a cloud service instance
- in local AEM project
- within CRX for Cloud Ready AEM
- in the git repository as part of the source code
12. What are the two strategies to describe the content that will be deployed by Cloud Manager to the repository? (Choose two)
- Uber Jar
- Azure DataStore for Blob
- mutable content packages
13. Where should a developer store a custom index definition? Select the correct answer.
- Core project
- Frontend project
- Content project
- Apps project
14. Which file is
<repositoryStructurePackages> a part of? Select the correct answer
15. Which package of an AEM maven project generates bundle.jar Select the correct answer
16. What are the different kinds of triggers that can be set to start a pipeline? Select the three correct answers
- On repository change
- On git changes
17. What is the correct command to download log files for AEM as a Cloud Service environment? Select the correct answer?
aio cloudmanager:tail-log PIPELINEID SERVICE NAME
aio cloudmanager:tail-log ENVIRONMENTID SERVICE NAME
aio cloudmanager:download PIPELINEID SERVICE NAME
aio cloudmanager:download ENVIRONMENTID SERVICE NAME
aio cloudmanager:download-logs ENVIRONMENTID SERVICE NAME
18. Where does the dispatcher configuration get stored when you consolidate multiple projects? Select the correct answer.
- At the root level
- In a sub-project
- At the project level
- Outside the codebase
19. What is the correct command to view the results of the code quality checks for a pipeline? Select the correct answer.
aio cloudmanager:get-quality-gate-results codeQuality
aio cloudmanager:obtain-quality-gate-results PIPELINE_ID
aio cloudmanager:get-quality-gate-results PIPELINE_ID
aio cloudmanager:get-quality-gate-results PIPELINE_ID codeQuality
20. As a developer you have a current custom index stored under /oak:index/acmeProduct-custom-1 and you are looking at changing some of the properties and behaviors of the index. What is the correct course of action.
- Modify the properties of the
/oak:index/acmeProduct-custom-1in your git repo and push the changes to the environment.
- Create a duplicate of
/oak:index/acmeProduct-custom-1and name it
/oak:index/acmeProduct-custom-2and apply the changes then push the new index to the environment.
/oak:index/acmeProduct-custom-1, recreate the index with the same name but with the updated properties, push through the changes then rebuild the index with the new changes
- Perform the necessary changes through the Cloud Manager user interface in the admin console and then rebuild the index
21. With regards to development best practices on AEM as a cloud service in relation to observations, which of the following is a true statement.
- With everything that is asynchronously happening like acting on observation events, it cannot be guaranteed to be executed locally and therefore must be used with care.
- With everything that is synchronously happening like acting on observation events, everything is executed locally and across each instance.
- At the time a change is happening, the instance is not taken down and replaced by a different instance.
- Other instances in the topology that are active at that time will be not be able to react to that event.
22. Which of the following statements are true about Cloud Manager(choose two)
- The non-production pipelines can perform static code quality scans and generate a report.
- You can skip the load balancer tests on the production pipeline
- Configure the dispatcher on non-production and production pipelines via the CloudManager user interface
- You can schedule your deployment based on a time and date for automatic deployment on production.
23. What are the right options available in the deployment pipelines in Cloud Manager. Choose the three correct answers.
- You can set a GoLive Approval with your Systems Reliability Engineer prior to deployment to production on the production pipeline
- Deployment can happen automatically on git changes on non-production pipelines
- You can choose which branch to deploy from a non-production pipelines only
- You can schedule your deployment based on a time and date for automatic deployment on production.
- A performance test is performed as part of the production pipeline
24. Which runmodes are available in AEM as a Cloud Service (choose three)
- any custom runmodes can be applied and configured
25. What are the three headers required to be passed when making an API call into Cloud Manager to get more information about the execution (choose three)
Authorization, contains the access token
WWW-Authenticate, form of authentication before it can respond
x-gw-ims-org-id, the Organization ID (contained in the ORGANIZATION_ID variable)
x-cm-Auth-Assertion, An API client-provided JSON Web Token (JWT) assertion as an identifier.
x-api-key, the API Key (contained in the API_KEY variable)
26. As a developer, where can you access the git credentials to Adobe Git so that you can deploy the code to Cloud Manager?
- You can request the Git credentials via a support ticket.
- This will be provided to you upon provisioning of the program.
- There is no Adobe Git and you will need to connect Cloud Manager to your own git repository.
- You can access and manage your Git Repository using Self-Service Git Account Management from Cloud Manager UI.
27. How many git repositories come provisioned with Adobe Cloud Manager that can be used to deploy code using Cloud Manager’s CI/CD pipelines?
- Three git repositories. One for each environment dev, stage and prod
- One shared across all environments in the program.
- None, you need to provide your own git repository
- Only two, one for development and the other for production
28. All requests to the Cloud Manager API must be authenticated using an access token retrieved using a JSON Web Token (JWT). What is the correct procedure for doing this?
- Contact Adobe support to retrieve your unique JSON Web Token (JWT) for authentication and using Cloud Manager API
- The Adobe IO CLI aio can generate a JSON Web Token (JWT) locally that authenticates you as the developer with the appropriate credentials.
- No configuration is necessary and Adobe IO Runtime and the Cloud Manager API work out of the box.
- Visit the console on Adobe IO to connect to the Cloud Manager API and generate a new service account JSON Web Token JWT and select the appropriate role based on the appropriate permissions to perform certain actions
29. When configuring OSGi configurations as part of the code deployment what is considered the correct naming convention when creating the configuration files in /apps/…/config/
30. When is it recommended to refresh the local project with a new SDK?
- It is mandatory to refresh it after any daily maintenance release.
- It is recommended to refresh it at least after a monthly maintenance release.
- It is recommended to refresh it at least every week.
- It is not necessary to refresh the local project with a new SDK
31. The Cloud Readiness Analyzer (CRA) provides a HTTP interface to generate reports. This report can be generated in one of three formats. Select the three possible formats the CRA can generate.
- Comma separated values (CSV)
- TSV (Tab Separated Values)
- TXT (text file)
32. Which of the following is an important part of the repository-structure package of an AEM maven project? Select the correct answer
33. Which of the following is an option in the Distribute tab of forwardPublisher in Content Distribution? Select the correct answer
- Add Tree
- Delete Tree
- Publish Tree
- Modify Tree
34. Which option will allow a developer to generate a custom rendition for an image? Select the correct answer
- A custom metadata profile
- A custom workflow launcher
- A custom workflow step
- A custom image processing profile
35. Which of the following is used to publish content in AEM as a Cloud Service? Select the correct answer
- Sling forward publishing
- Sling Content Distribution
- Publishing is not required in new version
- Standard Replication Framework
Part 2 of 3 in the AEM Exam Prep series.
AEM Developer Exam 9A0-384 Practice | AEM as a Cloud Service Developer Recertification Study Guide